Sunday, January 6, 2013

C's Chicken Potpie

Baby, it's cold outside!

When cold weather hits I have an insatiable craving for comfort food.  Potpies, mac-n-cheese, french fries, chowders, etc.  Many of the things I crave when it's cold outside aren't good for me.  In fact, I was once told that these cravings are primal, it's my bodies way of building up fat so that I can survive winter.  Whatever the reason, it happens every winter.

Below you will find a recipe for a low-fat, low-calorie chicken potpie.  Now, don't let those words (or the fact that it's a WW recipe!) scare you!! It is husband approved - in fact, he went back for seconds!

Original recipe can be found in the Winter 2013 5 ingredient WW recipe magazine

This is a super easy recipe, however, I do recommend a few things.  First - make sure you thaw the vegetables.  I didn't read it properly and started out with frozen ones.  Thankfully, I thought to run them under water.  Here's the thing, the phyllo dough cooks very fast! By the time it's ready the insides are just a step over warm.  I'm assuming this is also why the recipe suggests you microwave the mixture for 2 minutes.  I would even suggest microwaving it 3 minutes or so.

Before adding the dough.

After cooking for exactly 20 minutes.  

And now, for your tunes:


No comments:

Post a Comment