Saturday, January 5, 2013

Hello, World!

We've all grown up knowing that we shouldn't take candy, or advice, from strangers.  So, I'm going to do a quick intro into to get this blog started and hopefully become a little less of a stranger!
  • My name is Carolina North.  Okay, my parents didn't really name me that, but I'm sure I'll end up sharing some pretty personal things on this blog, so I wanted to maintain some level of an anonymity.
  • I'm sometimes outspoken, sarcastic and dry.  I'm not bitter, but apparently it can come off that way at times. 
  • I love the Red Sox, Boston, hot dogs, Grumpy Cat, diet coke, wine, the colors red and black, reading, trashy celebrity gossip magazines, reality television (except Honey Boo Boo - that gir drives me insane!). 
  • I've lived in more states than I have fingers. 
  • I still watch Sex and the City and laugh. 
  • My idols are Victoria Beckham & Jackie Kennedy.   
  • For some strange reason, I can get enough of the Kardashians.  It's sad, but I love them...well, all except Bruce...his face kind of creeps me out these days.
  • I'm by no means a top chef, but I'm learning to cook (I'm a mean baker!) and torturing my husband with the results.  
  • I'm strangely attracted to anything silver and sparkly.  Seriously, I can't believe I don't own a pair of those ugly silve sparkle UGGs yet.   
  • When I'm not trying to become a famous blogger, I'm a teacher who absolutely loves her job. 
  • French fries and gummy bears (not together) are my weakness. 
  • I'm hoping this blog motivates me to keep going. To keep blogging and to keep losing weight.  
  • I have a big dream that this is going to be the world's first weight loss music video blog.   I'm going to attempt to have a song in every post (well, except for the ones where I'm just sharing other people's blogs or interesting websites) I write.  I'm sure I'll run out of music ideas soon - so just bear with me!
One last thing, this blog is not meant to advise others how to lose weight.  I'm not saying I'm always the most healthy or do things how the times recommend - I just know what works for me.  So please, if you are interested in following the WW program (or any other!) check it out, research it and follow it how the professionals recommend!  Alright.  I think that about covers it.

And for our first video...Karmin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment