Saturday, January 5, 2013

Pour Some Sugar On Meeee...

Photo: Langei
PI've been following Weight Watchers for a little under one week, and I must say, I'm kicking some ass.  The husband took me out to eat last night for dinner and I ordered shrimp, no butter, a plain potato and a salad.  Seriously!? The fries looked delicious and the burgers were calling my name.  But I stayed strong - and it felt awesome.  I even made the husband praise me for the good job.  Well, I didn't make him, but I shamelessly fished for the compliment a'la "Oooo, look how good I did!"

But now, now I'm faced with the problem of going to a friend's house for dinner.  Having friends who want to hang out with us is not the problem.  Having somebody else make dinner for us is.  I'm not sure what they'll be making and I'm not comfortable saying, "Oh hey, you were nice enough to invite us to dinner, but please tell me what you'r making so I can decide if it's okay or not."  I'm snarky, not rude.   The good thing about our get-together is that I'm supposed to bring the desert.  So, I scoured the  interwebs last night for a WW friendly recipe and what did I find?  M&M Cheesecake Squares.  Um...drool! I haven't made them yet, but I can't imagine that much can go wrong with sugar, cream cheese and M&Ms.

Here's my point.  Weight Watchers allows you to make decisions in life.  You don't have to deny yourself the fun things in life like dates or get-togethers, you just have to make the right choices.  So, when I get to our friend's house tonight, I'm not going to worry about what they made for dinner, I will make the good choice to count the P+ as best I can and make sure I watch my portions.  Then I'm going to eat one of these delicious desserts and call it a night! Yum!

Now, go ahead and have a little dance party to some Def Leppard!


No comments:

Post a Comment