Saturday, January 5, 2013

A Few of My Favorite Things!

Photo: All Women Stalk
Cooking.  I love to hate it.  You see, I'm a rule follower, a "I need a recipe" kind of girl.  I like certain amounts of ingredients to make something spectacular.  Yep, I'm a baker.  Baking takes a certain degree of precision.  The amounts have to be carefully followed in order for the item to bake correctly.

Cooking is a different story.  You often hear "a tad of this" or "a smidgen of that".  Um, is there a measuring cup for that? I don't know what spices might taste good together and don't ever expect me to guess what spice should go on what meat.  I need a recipe.  If you're like me, or just want to try something new, check out this site: 8 Great Blogs with Weight Watchers recipes.  I've used each and every one of the blogs mentioned at least once or twice.  I highly recommend starting with SkinnyTaste and LaaLoosh.  Both staples sites I goto when I start planning my weekly meals.

Not my screenshot!
The next thing I love? Weighing myself.  No, not really, I hate weight myself, but it's a necessary evil when it comes to losing weight.  As I've mentioned before, I follow the Weight Watchers plan, so I feel like I should mention that they do not endorse weighing yourself everyday.  In fact, they suggest you weigh yourself just once a week.

I can't do that. I lose motivation.  I drink more wine than I should thinking I can always do better tomorrow b/c I won't see the scale.  I weigh myself every single morning.  That being said, I also know that my weight will fluctuate from day to day due to salt intake, water intake, exercise etc.  Knowing this allows me to track my weight and not get upset.

Back in the dark ages when I lost 70+ lbs I would write down my daily weight on paper. On paper! How old school!  But now, I've found a great app for that! The Weight Recorder for iPhone is a free, easy to use app that allows you to track your daily weight change.  But please, if you're not ready to see the scale go up as much as it goes down - then don't weigh yourself every day!

Photo: XOJane
 Emily. Ooooh, Emily.  I love her.  She is a seriously funny blogger who has struggled with her weight loss for years (dare I say her entire life?).  She has a funny, sarcastic and some times very raw (i.e. swears) look on life and weight.  I absolutely love it when I see her blog updates show up in my FB newsfeed.  If you need some motivation, to feel like somebody understand or just a good laugh, check out Emily.  My most recent favorite post is: Addicted to Everything -- My Feelings Taste Delicious.  



Now, I dare you to play this song and not sing it for the rest of the day...

No comments:

Post a Comment