Sunday, January 6, 2013

I Can Transform Me!

I figured, if I want to make this blog relatable, it's time that I come to terms with where I am on this journey.  It's not going to be easy, you see, I've been avoiding mirrors and cameras as much as I can for the past year.  Also, I'm one of those people who never really sees it.  I see my pant size going up, or I realize I need to buy a shirt because most of might are "tight" but I don't see myself getting...fluffy.  
After my 70 loss!
It's crazy how your brain can play tricks on you.  You see, roughly 3 years ago I started losing weight.  I lived by myself and I was living paycheck to paycheck thanks to my luxurious teacher's salary and a car that broke down every month or so.  My point is, there was not a lot of temptation to eat out because the money, and the company, just wasn't there.   In this time period I lost 70+ lbs following WW and exercising roughly 4-5 times a week. 
I gained most of it back...


Fast forward 2 years.  I get married to an amazing Scotsman who moved here just for me! It was very romantic, but, because we lived in two different countries the entire time we dated, we didn't get to do things like go out to dinner or the movies.  We spent the first 5 or so months making up for lost time.  Then, we spent the next 7 months eating delicious Scottish food without doing the amount of exercise the Scots do daily.

Like I said, I knew I had started gaining weight - but I just didn't see it.  Until recently.  This is a picture taken of me teaching.  When I uploaded it to my computer I was shocked! In fact, I shut the program immediately.  Out of sight out of mind.  For some reason, I just couldn't face my weight gain.  Perhaps it was because I felt like a bit of a failure for returning to the start...I'm not entirely sure.  

Seriously hate how round my face has become!
The picture to the right was the final straw.  The husband and I took this photo to show how big our cat is (16 lbs!!) but little did I know that it would also show how big I was!  We wanted to put the picture on FB so our friends could see our cat (we recently moved across country) and how big he had gotten - but there was no way I was posting the full picture - so I cropped it.   Even though you can't see how big my arms are, or how wide my body is, you can see how round my face has gotten!

So, it's time to transform myself, and this time, for the final time!  Three years ago, when I lost 70+ lbs, I was still 10 lbs over what Weight Watchers considers to be a healthy weight.  I was happy with my weight though, and that's really all that matters.  So, this time, I have about 50 lbs to lose before I'm back to my comfortable weight, 60 lbs to be at what Weight Watchers suggests as the highest healthy weight for my height, and 70 lbs from where I personally want to be this time.  So, while I'm not back at the beginning, I am back to 70 lbs to lose...my magic number it seems.  And yes, I realize I haven't told you my exact starting weight - I'm just not comfortable with that...yet.  I will reveal all of the numbers as soon as I'm at my personal "comfortable weight" - so 50 lbs from now!



One of my favorite songs to play when I work out...


No comments:

Post a Comment