Wednesday, January 9, 2013

You can do a lot in a year!

1 year provides you with a lot of time to do things.  For example, I now have a year of marriage under my belt! Today is  my anniversary, and it has me thinking about two things.  1) All the things I've done in the past year.  2) How am I going to eat tonight and still stay on plan.

Let's talk about #1 first.  So, so much has happened this year that I just want to take a minute to reflect on that.

  • My (now) husband moved to the United States.  10 days later we were married. 
  • We survived, without any major meltdowns, on one income for 6 months.  
  • My husband interviewed for 15+ jobs. 
  • I resigned from my job. 
  • I interviewed for a few jobs and finally decided upon moving across country to Utah. 
  • We drove across country together.  It took us 5 days.  We didn't kill each other! 
  • We've paid of a lot of debt! 
  • We are both now working - and as happy as Larry, as my husband would say. 
  • We went to the Tetons, Jackson Hole and Yellowstone.   
  • I gained a bunch of weight!
See, that's a lot.  I got married, changed jobs and moved all in the same year.  Not only did I do all of these things, but I lived to tell about it.  This coming year does not look as though it has any major life events (or may) creeping up on me - so it should be pretty easy to focus on my weight loss.  I'm pretty excited about that as I want to start feeling good about myself again!! This is the one thing I obsess over and get really down on myself about.  Time. To. Change. 

That brings me to #2 - what to eat for my anniversary dinner?!  Thankfully, since it's a work day, we decided to celebrate our anniversary 10 days late (over MLK day weekend).  So, we are not doing anything too fancy.  Now, in 10 days, I might have to worry since we're headed to Park City for the Sundance Film Festival...but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.  As for tonight, we've settled on Texas Roadhouse (romantic, eh?).  There aren't many options of places to eat in this area that I know the WW points for - and luckily my husband loves steak, so he was all in.   I think I'm going to have the shrimp plate, without the butter or rice, a side salad and a baked potato.  It should fill me up for the night and it's super low in points.   The hard part will be staying away from the wine - it is a celebration after all! I'm going to try to resist, knowing that in 10 days I'll have plenty, but we'll see what happens.

So, after doing my one year wrap up and thinking about the future, I can't wait to see what this year has to bring.  I'm ready to get in shape, eat healthy and change my life, what about you?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment