Saturday, February 2, 2013

F-Zero Cupcakes

I love cake.  No, seriously, I love it! As a matter of fact, while being on WW I've thought about my wedding cake many times!  It was delicious.  When I go the the grocery store - I have make a conscience effort not to look at the bakery section - when I see cupcakes my mouth begins to salivate.  I just can't get enough.  The problem is, cupcakes are really all that WW friendly.  Most costing at least 5 or more points.   That's almost a whole meals worth of points! Ridiculous. But, I have found a recipe that makes 24 cupcakes, frosting included, for the low cost of two points. Two, dos, deux, II...yep...two.  Super easy - and definitely fix that craving!

F-Zero Cupcakes 
What you need:
1 package Funfetti cake mix
1 can Sprite zero
1 container fat free cool-whip
1.5 oz fat free vanilla pudding mix

What you do:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
2) Mix cake mix and sprite together.   When you add the Sprite it will look a bit bubbly, don't worry, when you mix it that goes away and it turns into a cake batter-like consistency.  


3) Line cupcake tin with 20 cupcake liners.  Fill each cupcake liner with 1/4 of batter.  (note: I found these cupcake liners at TJ Maxx - they don't require a cupcake tin - and honestly, I think they make for a fluffier cake.)

3) Cook cupcakes for 15-20 minutes.
4) Make frosting while the cupcakes are baking.  Add 1.5 oz of vanilla pudding mix to a container of fat free cool whip and mix thoroughly. 


5) Once the cupcakes have cooled, frost with cool whip frosting.  Since I am planning on eating these throughout the week and not serving them at a party - or eating them all in one sitting - I plan on frosting them as I eat them.  I will keep both the frosting and the cupcakes in the fridge until I plan on eating them!

These are the baked cupcakes.  Note they look a little bit different on the top.  Don't worry, I cut into them and they were fully cooked and looked completely normal! If your cakes have baked for 15 minutes and don't look quite right - take them out for the toothpick test! 

1 comment:

  1. yum! I'm definately going to try these. Thanks for posting. I too am a dessert fiend.

    ReplyDelete