Sunday, January 13, 2013

Amazing chili & a new cornbread....

So, I'm going to share with you one of our go to, all time favorite, winter recipes.  It's delicious, low fat/cal and the husband can never get enough!!

Turkey Chili
An absolute favorite at our house! 

What you need: 
12 oz hot turkey Italian sausage (casing removed).  We substitute with Italian ground turkey as we can't find the other right now. 
8 oz chopped onion
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes with basils, garlic, and oregano
1 (15 oz) can white kidney beans, drained & rinsed.

What you do:
1) Brown turkey.
2) While browning the turkey add all other ingredients in a large pot. When turkey is done add it to the pot.  Bring to a boil and simmer for 10-12 minutes.
3) Enjoy!! (1 cup serving)


The cornbread recipe we are trying is actually new to us.  I found it on a WW recipe site - but for the points, how could I go wrong?  The only suggestion I have is that you might need to double the baking time.  (Also - it calls for 1 egg twice, after searching similar recipes I saw that they used 2, so I did too).

**Note - the cornbread is not my favorite, but if you're craving a low point bread - it does the trick.  Much better when crumbled over the chili.

No comments:

Post a Comment