Sunday, January 13, 2013

Let's get physical...

As I enter my third week of eating well, and almost three weeks post knee surgery, I've decided that it's time to add some exercise to the equation.  My goal this week: Go to the gym at least 4 times.  So far, I have gone once - and I plan to go today as soon as I'm done writing this post.  Here's the thing - I used to like exercising.  I would go to kickboxing, Zumba, or Hip-Hop and get my groove on; but I can't do that anymore.  The doctor said that my knee was "able" but that if I continue to exercise like this I will have arthritis in my knee by 40 and most likely have to have a knee replacement.  That's too young to be doing that!  So, what can I do?  Well, I can cycle, use the elliptical or swim.  That's pretty much it.  I need to make the change in my brain from being a group fitness type person to a solo fitness type person.  And it's going to be hard.  But, excuses never got anybody to their goal - so off I go to transform myself into a solo fitness person.  I can't see it now, but maybe one day, I'll have just as much fun doing these types of exercise as I did in class.

I have my post-op appointment on Thursday this week - and you better believe I'm going to clarify that I can't Zumba (even though I think I already know the answer).


No comments:

Post a Comment