Thursday, January 17, 2013

Chicken & Veggie Pad Thai

I don't typically eat Asian food - the seasonings that they use don't typically make my tastebuds very happy.  But, since the husband likes Asian food, I thought that I'd step outside of my bubble and try to make some Pad Thai tonight.  And you know what? I liked it! Actually, I loved it!  We've already talked about how we would make it a little bit differently next time (red peppers, onions, etc).  But for now, here is the basic recipe:
Pad Thai


What you need: 
2 Teaspoons of sesame oil
1 pound chicken tenders
salt
2 cups snow peas - slice diagonally
6 green onions - sliced diagonally
1 package of pad Thai noodles
lime juice

What you do:
1) Heat oil in a large pan, add chicken and cook until done.  I continued to cut the chicken down into chunks with my spatula as it cooked. 
2) Once the chicken is done, remove it from the pan, add the snow peas & green onion and cook.
3) While the veggies are cooking, boil water for the noodles.  Add the noodles and simmer for 3 minutes.  
4) Once the noodles are done, drain and run under cold water quickly, add to large bowl.  Add chicken and veggies to the bowl and toss.  
5) Splash with lime juice & enjoy! 

Serves 4 

No comments:

Post a Comment