Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Trying to break the self-induced plateau...

I've been stuck at the same weight since weigh in on Saturday.  With this weekend and such, it's a miracle that I didn't gain.  I mean, I watched what I ate, sure, but I also enjoyed myself after 3 weeks of making really good choices (going into the flex points for apple and peanut butter is definitely a better choice than going into them for 2 martinis).

Anyway, I have promised myself that I'm not going to eat a thing at work that isn't planned for.  You see, I'm a preschool teacher.  And we make snacks that are related to our themes.  Today we made mud pudding cups - and while I hate pudding, I love oreos & gummy worms.  But, I avoided them!  I know this isn't much of a NSV (non-scale victory) to most, but it's the first time I've really put my mind to not eating something at school and actually doing it.   I'm hoping that this will make a difference on the scale come Saturday.  I'd really like to hit my 10 lbs mark this WI...and it's within my grasp - I just have to make the right choices.
The -10 lbs changes will be
documented using this amazing
mirror!! 

Today, when I was getting ready for work, I stepped in front of our brand new mirror (I love TJ Maxx) and for the first time in months I got a full body shot.  Typically my mind would go straight to the negative, why are you this fat? How'd you get so out of control etc. etc. but this time the first thing I thought was "Wow! I can really tell a difference with just 10 lbs!"  I suppose this is another NSV - seeing the positive and having a positive outlook about my body image.  I'm making slow but steady steps in the right direction - finally I am motivated by me not pictures of other women.  My body can do this and so can my mind!!


No comments:

Post a Comment